When you want to activate your QuickBooks software, and that too for the first time, there are the chances of facing of Error 3371 and this error can make you feel frustrated. So in this article, we are going to discuss how to fix QuickBooks error code 3371. While getting the error, you may see the following message:
“QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.”
And when you click on the option “OK”, then another dialogue box will appear which will be showing Fatal Error message by saying,”QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.”
And when you click “OK”, the window will be immediately closed. But it can be little frustrating for the users because he or she can be in a hurry but he or she cannot be able to proceed to the next step due to this error code status.
Why does this error happen?
You can know the reason behind this by understanding the step which intuits make it mandatory for having license details to be stored on to your hard drive of the system. If due to any reason that information, license data get damaged, corrupted and missing, then you can face this error code.
However, this error can also encounter due to the cloning of the data on the C:/ drive to any other drive. If such happens with you, then you need to delete your title file. Along with that, you have to again enter the license information for solving the problem.
- Damaged MSXML component: MSXML is a very important element which has been provided by the Microsoft. It is much needed by the QuickBooks desktop software for running your system. If by any means, it gets damaged, then you may face the error issues.
- dat: This particular file consists of the license information of yours. Every time when intuit is active, it searches this specific file. Due to any reason, if this file gets damaged, then you can face the error.
How to fix this issue?
- Press the “Window key + R”.
- A new window will open up. Then copy and paste it.
- Then you will receive a file.
- Just you have to delete that file and right click and press delete and close it.
- Run the software and register again.
The problem can again occur in future if your program is outdated. So, in that case, you need to follow these steps:
- Click window icon and select the start button.
- Click all programs and window update option.
- Select the check for updates option.
- After updating, reinstall the software again.
If you still have any doubts, then you can search the QuickBooks error Support. You can post your doubts and queries there and our team will help you out.